Pre-Training Steps or Homework Assignment
Everyone will buy a copy of The Million Dollar Rebuttal. Also read How to Win Friends and Influence People.
Day One – Corp Meeting
- Meeting with executives to come up with the message leader for the telemarketing campaign. It must answer the question “Have you heard of?” In a way that creates curiosity and is unique or at least surprising.
- Have a set of fresh eyes have a look at your model for innovation opportunities and slight improvements.
- Discuss Telemarketing List sources pros and cons and decide
- Discuss the specialization concept and then discuss who will qualify or qualify the list to verity the names of decision makers, number of employees, corporate office. Will this be outsourcing or will someone inside the company take this responsible or will some new be hired
- The executives must come up with the goal for the campaign in terms of how many appointments will be set per day.
- Next, we must look at the compensation program for the telemarketing to make sure it incentives the true objective and offers enough financial incentive. If sales people will be making their own call, then we can discuss if there will be any incentives or bonus given in addition to their base salary and regular commissions.
- Also, if sales people well be making their own call then a system must be worked out so that all salespeople can work together on certain days or during certain hours of the day.
- If there is not a cold calling manager or if sales people will be making their own calls, then one of the executive needs to be selected to manager this process and lead the mantra during calling sessions! (We can discuss why this is important) aka brain washing your own mind!
- Some one will be tasked with tracking all the objection to the Message Leader and documenting them for the sales team, so a rebuttal can be mastered for every objection.
- Discuss the known objections that exist and start the documentation there.
- Lastly discuss offering appointments Lunch and set a budget!
Day 2 – Introduction to Telemarketing Team or Sales Team
- Verify the group has read both my book The Million Dollar Rebuttal and How to Win Friends and Influence People by question and answer.
- Answer any questions, the group has about the books.
- Get buy in from the sales people to do their own appointment setting provided:
- List are scrubbed and qualified
- They are given a system that allows them to easily set more appointments with less calls.
- Reminded that if telemarketing was outsourced they would end up being sent all over town on bogus leads and have their time wasted an be unable to meet their sales numbers!!!!!
- Discuss the core elements that helped me excel:
- The belief that we can always improve and that anything is possible if we believe it!
- Verify who believes they can dramatically increase their lead generation?
- Explain the role of the subconscious mind and how to communicate with it involves mantras, mediation and visualization.
- Get buy in from each group member that they are willing to begin claiming their goals both at home and during every cold calling session!
- Have telemarketing or salespeople sign a paper saying they are willing agree and follow the cold calling system! Any that resist will be flagged and reported to executives. This is a get on the Bus or Get off the bus opportunity.
- Discuss the Million Dollar Rebuttal and explain the concept of driving prospects to then ‘send information’ rebuttal.
- Have the team practice The Million Dollar Rebuttal
- Lead with Claiming Goals
- Discuss the core idea that we create gatekeepers and the idea of ‘expecting’ and ‘acting as if you and your message is important.
- Talk about all the alternative ways of getting around phone screeners and how they all must be mastered to maximize contacts.
- Practice on live calls
- Discuss the Opening and the Importance of the message leader and asking if prospects have heard of ________? And why you should verbally assume that all prospects are open minded!
- Why it’s important to remember to compliment and ask questions!
- Middle Game
- Get ready to explain in more detail the benefits of your services and be ready for objections; be prepared to master all possible objections brilliantly
- Closing with the send information rebuttal and a lunch offer!